Mosiah 4:9-10

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that you de them. Mosiah 4:9-10

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Final 6 Week Transfer! - week 90

Hello everybody!

We had a busy week this week! Moves calls came last night, Elder Garcia will be leaving to go to Kowloon with my last companion Elder Stratford. I'll miss him, he has been a great companion, lots of fun to serve with! My new companion is Elder Zhou, from Taiwan, I'me excited to serve with him! He is a good Elder, and speaks Cantonese and Mandarin fluently which will be fun! We have a lot of work to do together this transfer :-)

This week was great, we had a good meeting with our branch president President Huang, he gave us some good direction and some people to work with. There is a lot going on in our little branch. I got to give a talk this Sunday which was fun, but it was probably the smallest attendance so far, only about 15 members! Crazy haha but they are all really strong members, and we have good plans to strengthening the semi actives, bringing back the less actives, and bringing in new people! I really love the branch, although there are so few people, we all know and love one another, and they have gotten really good at fellowshipping and caring for everyone we bring. They are truly invested in the work now! We are working with a lot of people with great potential, and have a few baptismal dates and good new investigators to work with, so I expect big things for this next transfer! 

I really enjoy seeing our recent converts grow in the gospel. We taught one of them with her friend, and basically she just taught her friend the whole lesson, then halfway through the lesson she just paused and said I learned something new! It is fun to see people be excited about learning the gospel! It really is true that the teacher learns as much if not more than the student. She also talked about how every time she hears the message of the Restoration, it always brings the same familiar and peaceful feeling. She is very in touch with the Spirit. Her friend, Peng jm now has a baptismal date we hope she will make it!

I was reviewing the articles of faith, I really love the 13th article!
"We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we follwo the admonition of Paul- 
We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things."  If there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."  When I read it, the word being really stood out to me, these are not just things that we week to have or to obtain, but it is what we really should be. Living the gospel of Jesus Christ is all about changing our natures, not just behaviors, and becoming that way, so that when we return back we will recognize him and truly will be like him! I hope I can always serve and live in such a way that I can always be becoming more like Him! I really like that article of faith., it really represents the type of positive, hopeful, and believing attitude that I have strived to have for the mission experience, and it has blessed me a lot! I hope to always be able to do good to all men. 

I love the mission, I can't believe it is on to my final 6 week transfer, I never thought I would be this far into my mission. I am so grateful to be able to finish here on the island in this branch. I am excited to help them grow and give them everything I can! There is much work to do and a lot to learn!

Love you all!
Elder Woolley

Li Family
Michael and Harry

Zhao JM family

Sister Nora's baptism





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Decent post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to state that I've really enjoyed reading your blog posts. In whatever way I'm going to be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.boy shirt hong kong

Post a Comment